Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors.

-Ethiopian Proverb-

Thursday, November 18, 2010

9 Days to Go!

Only 9 days left until we take off in what amounts to a large aluminum can flying over oceans, mountains, rivers, deserts, and many other geographical features! I can't believe that we are in the single digits. I have been waiting for this moment for years, and in many ways, I can't believe it's really happening. I'm ready to meet my two youngest daughters. I'm ready to look in their eyes, hold and rock them, play peek-a-boo with them, and kiss the tops of their sweet heads. I am ready to see the part of my family that has always been missing. I'm ready to meet the real babies who are printed on the photographs. I'm excited to begin again the adventure of parenting with my sweet husband who is, in my opinion, the world's best father. I'm ready to take that next step! It's time to go!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily,
    I would love to hear how your first trip was if you feel like sharing. We are waiting for our court date and I so appreciate any glimpses of Toukul and the process you went through. I hope your embassy date comes quickly!

    burkhalter@wwest.net

    ReplyDelete