Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors.

-Ethiopian Proverb-

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Wow! A Crib is Sitting in the Nursery!

An angel, who is disguised as our friend Mikael, just stopped by to give us his daughter's old crib complete with mattress, crib pad, and crib sheets. His daughter, Zoe, just got her "big girl" bed today and no longer needs her crib, so he asked us if we wanted it. We, of course, said YES! Now that we are required to take two trips to Ethiopia, plans for the nursery have been placed on the back burner, so the donation of a crib is very welcome indeed. It's one less super expensive thing we need to buy for our babies. Our angel Mikael has also given us Zoe's outgrown car seat as well as her old stroller. We are so very grateful! On the subject of being extremely grateful to people, I would like to extend my warmest and sincerest thanks to my mother for a terrific diaper bag and perfectly delicious baby clothes and toys; my mother-in-law for the generous adoption fund donation; my sister-in-law for all of Angie's precious outgrown clothes; and my dear old friend Barbara for allowing us to borrow her Ergo baby carrier. Most of all, I am eternally grateful to my sweet husband for all of his hard work (including extra work hours) so we can bring Laurel and Willow home. He is shouldering all of the monetary aspects of this adoption, and he does it happily and without complaint. Lucky is the woman who has such an amazing and hardworking life partner!

No comments:

Post a Comment